For years I struggled with acne. I visited many dermatologists, but few could help me with my acne. Eventually, I got frustrated with all of the medication that didn’t work and looked into an inexpensive household and natural products that I could use. These home remedies have worked for me. And I put a lot of research, time and effort to make sure they all work.
5. Toothpaste. When I discovered toothpaste, it was like a miracle. I had always gotten these zits all over my face, but they would only come at certain times, and it was usually a spot here and a spot there. I found out toothpaste worked and haven’t used anything else for spot treatment since. The ingredients in toothpaste kill bacteria underneath the skin. Those bacteria can cause the pore to get clogged and a pimple to follow. Usually, if you put a dab of toothpaste on a spot or pimple, it will dry it out, and you won’t have to worry about it for another 24 hours.
4. Aspirin and water. Many people aren’t aware of the skin benefits of aspirin. When half of teaspoon of aspirin is mixed with one tablespoon of water, it becomes a solution that helps to exfoliate the skin, which helps unclog the pore that’s clogged.
3. Lemon juice. The acidic properties of lemon juice can help you with your acne. A small amount of lemon juice dabbed on the skin with a cotton ball will usually help to clean the dirt that’s clogging your pores. You can even add some lemon juice to the aspirin and water mix for better results.
2. Tea tree oil. A small dab of tea tree oil can help remove damaged skin cells. The tea tree oil also has antiseptic properties, which help to heal the skin. Apply half a teaspoon of tea tree oil to the acne and leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing.
1. All in one. The best home remedy of all is to combine all the ingredients above into one solution. This home remedy is one of the most effective remedies for acne because it helps to exfoliate, clean and heal your skin all at once.